Subject: RIPUL - June 22nd

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:56:47 EDT

People

It is with deep regret to inform you all that Cory Byrum, a beloved member of 
the RIPUL family, passed away last Thursday.  For those who didn't know Cory 
that well, he was one of the founding members of the URI ultimate program and 
he played ripul with us for 3 or 4 years.  He was co-captain with Scott Wiant 
on the Orange ("O-Face) team in 2002 that lost in a heartbreaker in the 
finals.  He always had a happy-go-lucky smile on his face, especially playing disc.  
He loved to lay out and would make some absolutely sick catches.  He will be 
sorely missed.  

There will be a memorial service for him THIS FRIDAY JUNE 25th @ 11:00 A.M. 
at St. Paul's Church in Portsmouth, Rhode Island.  It will be simply 
outstanding if we can get a nice contingent to attend to support and pray with Cory's 
family.  

Directions from Providence are 195 east to Exit 8A - Route 24 South.  Take 
Exit 1 "Route 138 - Middletown/Newport Beaches."     Take a slight right onto 
Turnpike Avenue and then a slight left onto Freeborn Street.  Then Turn Left 
onto Route 138/East Main Road.  The church is at 2769 East Main Road.  

As for game reports, the standings and the schedule, check out our web 
page....ripul.org.

matty