Subject: Banana vs Black 7-14-04

From: mbra7273 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:40:59 -0400

>From Capt. Mike of Banana

Banana 17 Black 16

Well this was a great game for the Bananas.  For Team Banana, this game marked 
a reunion of sorts,  as Jeff Fleischaker and Crash Sanosi played together for 
the first time all season.  There wasnt a dry eye in the house as the two 
embraced on the field for pre game hug.

But now on to the action.  And it was hot and heavy.  Fly and Crash didnt 
disappoint as the two teamed up for multiple scores and D's.  Team Black raced 
out to leads of 2-7 and 4-9 with great play from Captains Fred and Deepak.  
Jenna of team Black was catching everything thrown her way.  The Dark Side 
also seemed to mystify the Bananas with their zone D.  Much of the second half 
was the same as the Black Team continued there all around solid play and they 
maintained their lead to 8-13.  But then Team Banana started to re-group and 
took a couple of hell points (hey this a PG-13 rated game report).  Erin D of 
Team Banana made some spectacular catches and this seemed to energize Team 
Banana as they closed the gap to 11-13.  Team Black takes the next point to 
make it 11-14 on a sweetly thrown huck from Mike Schien to someone who I cant 
remember.  Team Banana dug deep however, and capitalizing on a few great D's 
from Crash, started to mount their comeback.  At 16 all, darkness falling, 
Team Banana held on for the victory, stopping their 4 game losing streak.  
Great Game Black.

On a personal note, I feel like I must defend myself.  I didnt drive ALL the 
way home without my dog two weeks ago as some people have insinuated (yes, you 
Eric W).  I just went to the bar without him.  I was meeting him there OK?