From: "Kelleher, Erin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:00:14 -0400

The Battle of the Fruit Bowl II:  The Sequel
Orange 17  Banana 13

For those of you playing along at home, this was another grueling showdown
between 2 very well matched teams.  The stage had been set for a great
match-up, if only the teams could finish before dark.  

Both teams fought hard to get on the scoreboard with a hell point on the
first one!  Finally the scoring got started and Banana scored two to take
the lead.  Orange, however, would have none of it and answered with a couple
of points of their own.  
Banana had a few tough breaks on the line with a couple of throws for scores
that just couldn't seem to find a receiver and Orange struggled a little
under the tenacious D of those Bananas.  Both teams shined playing tough D
and solid O.  Orange took the half 9-7.  

For the rest of the game, neither team held a lead of more than three
points.  And, despite their valiant efforts, Banana was thwarted by Orange's
tremendous numbers and fell to "the sweetest and juiciest of all the
fruits". (We lost the cheer, too...)  

Some highlights included:  Orange's cheer...the great matchup and awesome
endzone play of both Kevin Nagle of Orange and Greg Guffanti of Banana and
amazing play by all of the women on both teams.  

Erin Kelleher
Research Assistant
E.P. Bradley Sleep Research Lab
300 Duncan Drive
Providence, RI 02906
(401) 421-9440

Erin Kelleher
Research Assistant
E.P. Bradley Sleep Research Lab
300 Duncan Drive
Providence, RI 02906
(401) 421-9440