Subject: RIPUL - Playoff Info - August 12th

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:18:18 EDT

People:

Greetings and Salutations.  I trust that you have all enjoyed your RIPUL 
experience and are looking forward to the festivities on Saturday.  

Congratulations to Denim for winning the 2004 regular season title with a 
16-4 record.  Denim and Khaki each earn 1st round byes on Saturday.  Saturday 
plans to be a LONG day.  Be prepared.  I will provide water containers to fill up 
out of, bananas, oranges, maybe peaches.  I will also set up a peanut butter 
and jelly station under 1 of the tents near the bathroom for teams to make 
sandwiches.  I would bring an extra shirt/socks, shade, sunscreen, bug spray, 
snacks.

We are playing 2 pools of 5 so everybody will play 4 games straight to 11 and 
the 2 winners of the pools will play in the finals.  GAMES WILL START 
PROMPTLY AT 9:30.  Every team will get 1 bye during the day.  I will blow the horn at 
the end of each round.  The horn signifies the end of that game and the 
beginning of the next game.  If the horn blows in the middle of the point, finish 
the point.  If tied, play 1 more point.  1 timeout/half.  Ties in the pool 
standings are to be decided based on head to head and, in the case of at least a 3 
way tie, point differential only among the teams tied.  

Denim faces Purple, Kelly, White and Banana in their pool.  Purple-Kelly will 
be a key 1st round matchup as both teams figure to give denim all they can 
handle.    White has young legs that bode well for this grueling format and 
Banana will fight to be competitive.  In the other pool, Khaki has to be the 
favorite but Burgundy and Black will not be easy outs.  Black has alot of 
experience and could be the dark horse if they get enough women to show up.  Orange and 
Sky are both game to knock off the higher seeds.

After pool play finishes, finals will be held down on the track.  I am 
ordering 40 large pizzas and will also have salad and watermelon.  So, PLEASE plan 
to stick around for the finals and root on/heckle the finalists.  Friends and 
family are welcome to attend throughout the day.  After finals, we will have an 
award ceremony where each member of the winning team will receive their own 
trophy.  We will also hand out the male and female Toby award for most 
outstanding player, male and female most improved player, and the Cory award for the 
person who plays the sickest D and has the sickest layouts.    

SCHEDULE:

9:30 - 11 - Denim, Khaki byes

purple v. kelly - track closer to woods
white v. banana - track closer to road
burgundy v. black - soccer field closer to road
sky v. orange - soccer field closer to woods

11 - 12:30 - Burgundy, Purple byes

denim v. banana - track closer to road
kelly v. white - track closer to woods
khaki v. sky - soccer field closer to woods
black v. orange - soccer field closer to road

12:30 - 2 - kelly, Black byes

denim v. white - track closer to road
purple v. banana - track closer to woods
khaki v. orange - soccer field closer to woods
burgundy v. sky - soccer field closer to road

2 - 3:30 - Banana, sky byes

denim v. kelly - track closer to road
purple v. white - track closer to woods
khaki v. black - soccer field next to woods
burgundy v. orange - soccer field next to road

3:30 - 5 - White, Orange byes

denim v. purple - track closer to road
kelly v. banana - track closer to woods
khaki v. burgundy - soccer field next to woods
black v. sky - soccer field next to road

5:00 FINALS/DINNER/AWARD CEREMONY @ THE TRACK